English Laundry Light Purple With White Checks Dress ShirtRegular price $79.50 Save $0.00
Christopher Wicks, the designer and creator of all things English Laundry, was born a child of the Sixties in Manchester, England. In his early years,he found solace sketching shirts, shoes and guitars. What began as a pre-teen pastime, however, became a life long career in designing men’s and women’s apparel and home interiors. His first full-time design opportunity came at the age of 22, when he became a designer of men’s formal shirts for one of England’s largest gentlemen’s shirt manufacturers. The passion for stripes, collar shapes, pearl buttons and French cuffs that he gained during these early years has stayed with him throughout his career, which eventually led him away from gentlemen’s apparel to the more in-demand realm of sportswear. Wicks is obsessed with fashion, music and his hometown of Manchester, passions that are evident throughout his unique and distinctive designs. His signature styles are inspired by music of the 60’s and 70’s as well as the music culture of today.Wicks’ passion for design was recently recognized by the Fashion Industry Guild of Cedars Sinai Medical Center as their 2010 “Man of the Year”, an award that has previously been given to design luminaries such as Maurice Marciano of Guess and Dov Charney of American Apparel. Mr. Wicks also joined the board of trustees for Otis College of design and has been awarded the designer of choice by Otis for the year 2012 at a gala event on May 7, 2012.
- CLASSIC FIT - English Laundry Classic Fit Spread Collar with removeable stays, Front Button closure, Long Sleeves, Adjustable double barrel mitered cuffs, Contrasting neckband and inner cuffs
- CLASSIC DESIGN - English Laundry dress shirts are designed for a comfortable fit across the chest and shoulders. They are finished with slightly relaxed armholes and sleeves; split back yoke and raised placket for an excellent fit
- Care Label - Machine wash like colors gentle cycle. tumble dry low gentle cycle remove promptly and hang. touch up with warm iron if necessary
- SIZING - Fits true to size, order your normal size
- GET TO KNOW US - Made in Britain with all the craftsmanship, quality and attention to detail you expect from quality British-made items. We work regularly with local manufacturers, including several family-run businesses with generations of skill and passion. Because some things are just better when they're homemade | Imported